Google Music left a lot to be desired, so I put my library in Spotify to trial. This tool will import your library from Rdio in to Spotify.
The tool is not a product. Its a manually ran process to get the job done. Could it be wrapped in a GUI and be made for the less technical? Sure. But thats not my need. I developed it very quickly to get going on new music services. Use at your own risk, change however you like, make a product, etc..
Requirements: PHP, Spotify, Rdio
How the tool works:
- Authenticate with Rdio app. Get the access token.
- Exports “Artist|Album” combination in to a CSV file.
- Parse each row of the CSV to lookup artist on Spotify.
- Fetch the artists albums.
- Compare each album name to the Rdio album name. I used the Levenshtein algorithm to compare album names for similarities. A good match is anything 3 or below. You could alter this to be less strict.
- If an album matches, add it to the Spotify library.
Using the tool:
- Create your own Rdio app. Fill in the details in includes/conf.php.
- Visit rdio-auth.php in a browser. Get your accounts access token.
- Put the access token in includes/conf.php.
- Run rdio-export.php.
- Verify your favourites in data/library.csv.
- Create a Spotify app. Fill in the detaila in includes/conf.php
- Visit spotify-auth.php in a browser. Get your account access token and put in includes/conf.php.
- Run spotify-import-library.php
Download the source: https://bitbucket.org/bmilleker/rdio-to-spotify
Feel free to contact me for additional guidance or help.